This post is brought to you by the Joi Knows How Collective, an online community for multi-passionate creatives seeking impactful education, engaging resources, and genuine connections- away from the distractions of social media. Learn more here.
Today is my 30th birthday. I may not be on the Forbes 30 under 30 list, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t celebrate everything I’ve accomplished up to this point.
30 Things I learned by Age 30
1. I learned to walk.
2. I learned to talk.
3. I learned to sing.
4. I learned to cook my own meals.
5. I learned to embrace my thick, kinky hair.
6. I learned to make peace with being an only child.
7. I learned to deeply value my friendships.
8. I learned that a bookstore is an adventure.
9. I learned that writing is my lifeboat.
10. I learned that you can find true love on Tinder.
11. I learned that plant care is self-care.
12. I learned how to create a community.
13. I learned how to ask for help without feeling small.
14. I learned that crystals are some of the best friends you can have.
15. I learned the magic of collaborations.
16. I learned that you can have deep, lasting friendships with someone you’ve never met in person.
17. I learned that celebrating small victories is a shortcut to success.
18. I learned that meditation is as vital as water, air, and food.
19. I learned how to follow through.
20. I learned that saying “no” is one of the best ways to practice self-care.
21. I learned that if I’m not careful, I can make almost any conversation about me.
22. I learned to practice deep, intentional listening.
23. I learned to honor the wisdom of children.
24. I learned the power of writing down goals each month.
25. I learned how important it is to set boundaries, and how easy it is not to.
26. I learned to ask the right questions.
27. I learned how to embrace being a multi-passionate creative.
28. I learned that a 5-minute walk can refresh my entire day.
29. I learned that likes and followers don’t determine my self-worth.
30. I learned to take time to reflect on all the lessons I’ve learned.
Looking back, I sometimes barely recognize the person I’ve become. The growth in my self-confidence in this past year alone is evident. I’ve gained a good amount of weight, and yet I feel more beautiful than ever. I’m thankful to have stepped into my full creative power over the years. Thankful for letting go of my desire to make other people feel comfortable with my choices. It’s a visible shift and I’m here for it. I’m choosing myself and it feels so damn good.
It’s the dawn of a new decade. This is 30.
Help me grow! PIN THIS POST: